How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog / Website
How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog / Website
What is a blog and its purpose?
A website or blog, commonly known as blog is an online journal or informational website displaying data in reverse chronological order, with the newest posts appearing first, at the top.
It is a platform where a writer or a bunch of writers can share their views on an specific subject.
Nowadays, there are way more than 570 million blogs online.
There are many reasons to begin a blog for private use and only a few of strong ones for business blogging.
Blogging for business, projects, or anything else that might bring you money incorporates a very upfront purpose — to rank your website higher in Google SERPs, i.e., increase your prominence.
Also Read : How to Make a Website in 10 mins — Simple & Easy
As a business, you depend upon consumers to keep buying your products and services. As a new business, you rely on blogging to help you get to possible consumers and grab their attention.
Without blogging, your website would remain unseen, whereas running a blog makes you competitive.
So, the main resolution of a blog is to connect you to the related audience. Another one is to boost your traffic and send value leads to your website.
How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog / Website
Below are some of the easiest and tested advices to increase your blog traffic
1. Make Your Content Readable
Search engines and users love longer and wide-ranging articles that provide all the material they need.
Humans have a brief attention span. A minor difficulty in reading or understanding will lose users. To avoid this, you need to make all your content easy to read.
A good place to begin would be to present your article in small sentences using a friendly tone and plenty of visuals.
Also Read : How to Install WordPress in 3 Simple Steps
Following are some basic tips to make your content more readable and user-friendly:
- Use smaller sentences and paragraphs.
- Check the readability score of your content by SEO Plugins
- Use a grammar and plagiarism checker.
- Use media elements like images, gif, videos.
- Improve typography.
2. Learn to Write Great Headlines
The first thing users see is your article headline through search results or RSS feeds.
A catchy title stands out and gets more clicks. Whereas a plain and boring headline is expected to be ignored. This makes headlines very significant.
You need to learn how to write better titles for your blog posts that arrest user attention and get more clicks.
Blogging experts have summoned some of the basic characteristics of an effective headline:
- A decent headline triggers an emotional response.
- It offers users a reward and value.
- It sponsors the content by including target keywords
You can also use the following free headline analyzer tools to assist create better headlines:
Also Read : How To Install Google Analytics On WordPress
3. Create Audience Profiles to Understand Your Users
Before you start adding content to your blog, it’s vital to spend some time understanding your target audience and their preferences.
You can swiftly build an audience outline by answering the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What kind of content are they looking for?
- What problems do they need your help for?
- How old are they?
- What are their occupations?
- What is their education level?
These audience profiles are also recognized as buyer personas in the eCommerce industry. If running an online store, it is highly recommend that you check out a thorough guide on how to create a buyer persona with examples and templates.
4. Create Visually Attractive Content
Adding images and charts to your articles makes it more understandable. Human brain prefers visual elements, we love colours and objects.
This makes us more involved and immersed in our surroundings.
- People love looking at infographics as they make data engaging and straightforward to devour.
- Images in your blog posts grab user’s attention and help them to specialize in not just the visual element but also the text around it.
It’s vital to note that you cannot just use any image you see on the internet. Images are protected by copyright and stealing copyrighted material can cause you some serious consequences.
Ideally, you should use your own images, graphics, and photographs, but that idea is not feasible.
Fortunately, you can use these tools to easily create your own graphics:
- Wikimedia Commons
- Flickr Commons
- Public Domain Pictures
- Add Videos to Your Articles-Videos are the most successful form of content on the internet. Adding videos to your articles in WordPress is very easy.
The finest way to add videos to your WordPress site is by uploading them to YouTube and then embedding them in your blog posts.
There are many ways to effortlessly create video content for your website. Few of them are listed below:
- You can create screencasts
- Create slideshows of how-to tutorials.
- Record interviews with other bloggers and influencers.
- Become a vlogger by adding your own selfie-shot videos.
5. Do Keyword Research
Keyword research is a procedure used by content creators and SEO experts.
It helps you regulate specific words and sentences that users type in Google and other search engines to find the content they are fascinated by.
By doing proper keyword research, you may unlock the following features:
- Discover real search terms people are looking for
- Find exclusive content ideas for popular search terms
- Learn from your competitors and defeat them with better content
- Create a sequence of pillar-articles to drive steady traffic to your blog
Also Read : How to Improve your WordPress Website Security
Now the question is how actually keyword research is done? Luckily, it is not as complex as you would think.
There are lots of free and paid keyword research tools that can help…
- Google Search Console
6. Learn and apply the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) basics
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a set of best practices that assist you to make your website more search engine friendly.
Anyone can do SEO for their own websites without hiring an expert by making use of many SEO tools and plugins.
Here are some of the Simple and Free SEO Tools to Instantly Improve Your Marketing:
- Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools.
- Answer the Public.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Search Console.
7. Utilize User-Generated Content
User-generated content is essentially any content generated on your website as a consequence of user activity. It consists of comments, guest posts, testimonials, user reviews, etc.
User-generated content helps you bring more traffic to your website because it gives users numerous opportunities to participate and get involved.
Users are more likely to comment, share, and even purchase from your website when they devote extra time on it.
There are many diverse kinds of user-generated content that you can add. Starting from what works best for your blog.
Also Read : What is a Domain Name?
8. Keep Your Website Design Clean and Clutter Free
There are lots of great WordPress themes available. The problem is that many beginners want to use a fancy theme. These themes are not always the flawless design for your website.
Bad website design prevents your users from spending more time on your blog which decreases your pageviews.
Whereas a good design helps them discover more content, explore different sections, and spend more time.
Always strive for simplicity while choosing your website design. A simple, clean, and functional theme makes a great first impression and offers the best user experience.
If you are looking for some theme recommendations here are some of the Best Free WordPress Themes:
9. Automatically Share Your Blog Posts
You should continue building a social media following on all the significant social platforms, and even find new forte platforms that you can explore.
The problem with social media websites is that you have to post content to keep your profiles active and drive traffic to your blog on daily basis.
Many bloggers pick automatic sharing, which is not only easier, but also proves to be more convenient. Some of these methods are listed below:
- Jetpack Publicize
Also Read : How to Buy a Domain Name
10. Regularly Share Your Old Articles on Social Media
If you’re like most bloggers, you possibly only publish one article daily, this means for the rest of the day, there is no update from you on social media.
On platforms like Twitter, your Tweet will soon be wiped out, and your users will probably not even see it.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could mechanically share your old content at regular intervals throughout the day?
This would benefit you get more traffic from social media by growing your visibility and keeping your profiles more active.
Fortunately, you can automate it with tools like Buffer and Revive Old Posts.
With Buffer, you will have to bulk-upload your updates physically. On the other hand, Revive Old Posts will allow you to mechanically share your own old articles.
11. Use Social Proof to Get More Traffic
Human beings are social animals who like to know about other people’s experiences as social proof and use it to make our own decisions.
You need to use this social proof on your website, on your social media profiles, in your tweets, and in emails to sponsor your blog.
You can use millions of leverage social proof, even on a new blog. Some of them are listed below:
- Add a feedback form and ask users to leave you feedback
- Directly approach users and collect testimonials
- Ask users to rate your articles
- Ask users to write reviews
- Share your social media counts, email list subscriber counts, and other figures as social proof.
Also Read : How to take a screenshot on windows 10
Hope you enjoyed reading this article about How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog / Website.
For any further queries or suggestions you can write down to us below or contact us here.